5.11.2011

SeCoND PaGE.

Such a decision I needed now, too. Zuzi was saying farewell to me for good as she was leaving for her trip to South America and I was taking the route for the Balcan. The verses of a Greek poet, who praised through his words the small, yet significant encounters of life, were swirling on my mind. Love should not be restricted by rules and must haves. It is also a free fish that yearns to be caught in the nets.


The days of my life were to be counted but I intended to live them exactly as Zuzi had advised me to. The grandeur of human being, after all, is to think in a positive way. And who knows? Maybe the assassins of the arabesque mythology were right anyway. Perhaps we imprison our last positive thought inside us and carry it forever as a heritage into our living and eternal soul.

Think positive, Zuzi used to say, and that’s exactly what I did. That’s what I did when I told her goodbye at the train station. I was envious of her journey but I didn’t want to become part of it. I only cherished her promise that she would carry me with her in her thoughts and through her narrations.



Yes, now I feel it more intense than ever and I can see it with the clearest look of my soul. I would like to follow her as quiet soul and a calm spirit that just observes and stands beside her. That would be the best gift for me, my own personal heaven, when time finally comes to break away from my old, crooked body.


If I’m afraid of death…I’ll say that I guess I used to be afraid of it. Now I feel that there are moments that I can control time: slow it down, command it, make it obey me and sometimes freeze it for hours.




Zuzi’s train had already departed and mine was expecting me to be headed for Koritsa. That would be my first stop. I had to settle any last backlog and fill the last gaps of my promises.

Zindro would be waiting for me on the borders and he would lead me from there towards the central square.

No comments:

Post a Comment