Athens escorted the soul wrecking voices of my mind with crazy judgements and intense yelling. As I was passing through its center and the old meatmarket, I believed that maybe I was at the noisiest place on the planet.
I walked around the ancient alleys that surround Acropolis and I took my mind off things for a while in view of the Parthenon and the ancient marbles. My house was the last place that I would like to be at this specific moment. I was and felt really sick, but, above all, I felt empty and dead inside.
It wasn't time for selfish thoughts!The only thing that would be able to truly stop the frantic horse of my fearful temperament was her face! I wanted to run to her ...talk to her and touch her hair.
My steps drove me in front of the statue of a Greek ancient man, Thiseus. His finger was raised towards an unknown direction. Important decisions need just a simple trigger to stert their route. That's what I felt, too, that moment.
The Greek hero showed me the way, showed me a way that had its springboard at myself and reached to the heart of my beloved Zuzi.
My disease was continuously winning the battle that we had started against one another. I announced my doctor that I would stop my treatment and that I would be off to a trip to South America.
The reflection of a lunatic or ,better, of a totally insane man, was mirrored in his eyes. "What you are about to do is sheer madness", he said to me. "You asked me to help you die with pride", he continued. "Your cancer won't let you make a single step".
I stood there in a typical way, heard his words and after I took the few stuff I needed and hurried myself to prepare my trip to Peru.
You die with pride only when even your last breath serves your dream as much elusive that is. I would die with pride if I died trying and not waiting for the fatal to come.
You die with pride only when even your last breath serves your dream as much elusive that is. I would die with pride if I died trying and not waiting for the fatal to come.
I started to breathe again with a weird and mysterious passion. A powerful energy that makes you desire to be creative again. I was impatient to leave Greece behind me forever and achieve the only and last one goal of my life.
My aeroplane would take off early on Wednesday morning. I was there a few hours earlier, expecting my departure

No comments:
Post a Comment