The aeroplane and my soul spread their wings. Somewhere there among the clouds I felt my hot blood to flood through my whole body and be accumulated in my heart.
Her image came to my shuttered eyes like a mysterious holy Mary illuminated by candles in the most deserted church of the world. My whole being was a kneeled believer in front of her holiness, looking forward to a miracle.
Somewhere in the deep of this chaotic journey, the image of Lima was portrayed in my imagination.
Sleep enshrouded me and I woke up abruptly only when the wheels of the braked abruptly on the corridor of airport of Santo Dominico, capital of the Dominican Republic.
The Dominican Republic occupied the two thirds of the Spaniola island in the Carribean. Next to it, extended the country of Haiti and both of them composed a melancholic steamboat that travels through the Atlantic for centuries.
The Dominican Republic occupied the two thirds of the Spaniola island in the Carribean. Next to it, extended the country of Haiti and both of them composed a melancholic steamboat that travels through the Atlantic for centuries.
Santo Dominico was set to be our mid stop for refueling. After that almost half of the crew would follow the route towards Panama and the rest, among whom me, too, the route towards Peru.
Things didn't turn out the way I planned. Our pilot announced us an impairment and kept us still for almost an hour and a half in his flying can. Oh, dear Lord...I didn't have to spare an hour and a half. Let someone inform them that my time is up.
The impairment couldn't be fixed afterall, and that led to a further extension of our waiting this time at the airport. I was waiting in the queue, mussy, for a breakfast coupon. This tiny scrap of paper seemed like the banknote of vanity. For the first time, I started to feel anxious.
Our plane couldn't make it afterall, and four hours later a small bus was driving me and a bunch of twenty miserable travellers to a hotel in the center of the city.
Behind the smudged glass you could barely see a bride dancing at a small square wearing a gorgeous pink gown. I was tumbling between reality and fantasy.

No comments:
Post a Comment